Wednesday, January 27, 2010

El Bolsón

We stopped for one night in El Bolsón, on the way to the Parque Nacional de los Alerces. Never in my life have I seen so many hippies. Here are some in the town square, complete with dreads and the requisite dog.


Here a young woman gets her hair dreaded while listening to some guys in a drum circle. I’m not kidding.


Which reminds me:

How many hippies does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. Hippies only screw in dirty sleeping bags.

Ziiiiiiiiiiiing! Haha, love that joke.

Speaking of hippies, now is as good a time as ever to mention that there is a bird down here whose call sounds exactly like the quick electric guitar plucks at the end of Grateful Dead’s “Eyes of the World.” A high yip! yip! sound. The Boy knows what I’m talking about.

2 comments:

  1. Well, which version of Eyes are we talking about here? Studio recording? Europe '72? Dick's Picks volume 15 set 2? (My personal favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ, Boy, the f*ck should I know? Nah, I'm talking about the one on your Dead Greatest Hits mix, of course.

    ReplyDelete